The Hamilton Boat Yard's contribution
to Beaver Island
This "ways", located just south of Bud Martin's dock, was originally part of the Hamilton Boat Yard on Round Lake in Charlevoix. The Yard repaired and built boats, primarily sailboats, between the late 1800's and the advent of the era of condos.
When Bill welke decided to go into the gas and fuel oil business over twenty years ago, they bought the old North Shore ferry, acquired the dock here, and bought this "ways" from Bob Hamilton. Now owned by Bud Martin, it has not been used to haul out a boat in some time.